To continue offering you great services and reliability, the current Télébec voicemail service for Magdalen Islands will be moving to a new platform as of November 20th, 2018. This new system will offer all the same great features you currently have, but will require that you set up a new password and record a new voicemail greeting.
To ensure a smooth transition, we encourage all current subscribers to set-up their new mailbox and password between October 23rd and November 19th, 2018.
Details for a quick mailbox set-up of the new service are provided below.
- Call the access number for the new voicemail system (418) 986-1100.
- Enter your 10-digit phone number (include your area code).
- When asked, enter the temporary set-up password that we sent you in a letter.
- Choose and select a new 4 to 15 digits password.
Your password should not:
- Begin with 0
- Match your telephone number or be the reverse of it
- Be a single repeating digit
- Then follow the instructions to record your name and personal greeting. Your Voicemail service is now ready and waiting to answer your calls.
Please note that any voicemail messages saved on your current system will only be accessible until December 20th, 2018 and then they will be deleted permanently.
If your new mailbox is not initialized by November 20th, 2018 it will not accept new messages, it will respond back that “this mailbox is currently not setup”.
It is important to set up a new password and record a new voicemail greeting prior to the transition or your new system will not be activated and you will not be able to receive messages.
Please note that saved messages will not be accessible or available after December 20th, 2018.
If you have any questions about setting up your new voicemail service, or accessing your saved messages, please call 1 888 TÉLÉBEC (835-3232).